Each day and every night there are souls that brim with beauty under the light of the sun, moon and stars. They hear the earth call for their contribution and they seek out the spaces that stir their spirit and ignite their imaginations.
These are the words that wild hearts want you to know:
1) Go barefoot when you can. Let your feet feel connected to the earth without any barriers. Get grounded in the way that nature intended.
2) Roam free. Maps are not always needed. Trust your inner GPS. Let it guide you to new paths and fresh adventures. Travel often. Explore the lands that call to you. Let unfamiliar shores show you their treasures.
3) Cage nothing. Neither your heart nor your soul were meant to be contained. Let yourself soar without restriction. Wherever possible, extend this freedom to all others that share the space of Mother Earth. Let liberty be a birthright not a luxury.
4) Forget what they told you. Live without limits. There will be times when you will be unsure which path to take. That’s ok. There is no wrong turn. Every step counts. Every mile matters.
5) Colour outside the lines. Live with vibrance and flair. Take the dark colours and make them part of your rainbow, too. They are just as worthy.
6) Soak up the small moments. They are often majestic in their own way. Slow down. Pay attention. Take time to notice what you see. We are surrounded by miraculous, natural wonder. Don’t miss all the magic by staring at your smartphone.
7) Every experience enlightens. Even the tough ones. You may stumble at times, you will almost certainly fall. But, you will emerge with a new found knowledge and wisdom. Life is an education that a college degree can’t compare to.
8) Money is a currency, not a definition of success. Count love, time, health and happiness amongst the yardsticks that you measure your achievements by. Wealth presents itself in many guises.
9) All beings matter. We share land and water with many incredible species. Each living heart deserves love and compassion. Never kid yourself that one life is more significant than another.
10) Let your legacy be one of truth. Live authentically. Honestly. Take time each day to listen to the whisperings of your heart. At the end of your life, be able to look back and know that you did it your own wild and wonderful way.
Skylar Liberty Rose is a freelance writer and blogger. Her articles and poetry have received wide acclaim and have been instrumental in her continuing journey to self acceptance. She believes in creativity as a form of healing and is passionate about manifesting her dreams. Skylar is an advocate of stripping away layers of conditioning and instead discovering the unique truth within. She is inspired by souls with spirit and courageous hearts. She grew up in London and now lives in New York City with her husband. You can follow her on Twitter, FB, IG and her blog.
Image courtesy of Tom Stack.